“Why am I so passionate about tennis? I guess, for me, it’s about the friendships I’ve made, the tennis community; it’s a great form of stress relief; anyone can play, it’s great for mental strength and fitness. If I can inspire the next generation of players to pick up a racquet, when I’ve truly achieved something.”
DIRECTOR | TENNIS DIRECTOR
INSIDE THE LINES
Inside The Lines Pty Limited (ITL) was established in September 2015 and is owned and operated by Gavin and Ann-Maree Yip. Since ITL’s inception ITL has been operating out of Richmond Tennis Centre, which is located on one of the main thoroughfares in Richmond.
Tennis is part of our national sporting and cultural heritage. The significance of tennis in Australia extends far beyond the pursuits of our elite tennis players. The sport contributes strongly to the social cohesiveness of our community and provides a safe and healthy sporting and social environment for all ages and abilities. Tennis is truly a sport for life and a sport for all.
Director, Gavin Yip was born into a sporting family and grew up playing tennis in Sydney’s Inner West – His passion for the game led him to complete his qualifications making him a Club Professional Tennis Coach (Level 2).
Gavin as a player progressed into elite squads, whilst competing at local, club, regional, state, national and international levels throughout his junior years. Because of this, Gavin is more than qualified to be working in the field of tennis and is excited about the challenges that lay ahead.
Gavin has also strung racquets at many events and professional tournaments. He has been a stringer at the Sydney International since 2010, strung at the Champions Tour in Sydney in 2009 for the likes of John McEnroe and Henri Leconte and was the stringer for the APIA Wheelchair International in 2014.
Gavin has been coaching in Schools since 1998 and in that time, has introduced and shared his passion for the sport with generations of children, this is something that he actively continues to do and promote.
Director and Business Manager, Ann-Maree Yip has been working in office administration and management since 1999. Ann-Maree is responsible for overseeing, managing and administering the business’ activities and its employees and keeping the staff aligned with ITL’s goals. Ann-Maree actively seeks funding and sponsorship deals to enable to club to grow and develop and to ensure that the facilities and the club are sustainable well into the future.
ITL provide coaching services to the following Schools:
- Comleroy Road Public
- Ebenezer Public
- Kurrajong Public
- Kurrajong North Public
- Yagoona Public
- Wilberforce Public
ITL actively promotes the Sporting Schools program1; this is a Government funded initiative, which brings together schools and sports to help get Aussie children active in their local communities. We have successfully implemented this program to the following Primary Schools; and our plan is to encourage more Schools to take part in this program.
- Hillside Public
- Kurrajong Public
- Kurmond Public
- Wisemans Ferry Public
- Windsor Public
Reference 1 – https://www.sportingschools.gov.au/get-involved
At present there are in excess of 300 people actively playing at the Centre each week, this number includes coached students and competition players. Over the past 3 years approx. 4,887 people have played, received coaching or participated in competitions at the centre.
ITL offers coaching services Monday through Saturdays during the School term and runs Tennis camps during the first week of the School holidays. ITL facilitates 2 tournaments a year and plays host to 4 annually. This is a number we are working to increase.
Inside The Lines Tennis Academy (ITL) is committed to providing quality tennis facilities, programs, and competitions. We actively support and encourage all age groups and skill levels in the pursuit of tennis and offer a safe and enjoyable family friendly environment. ITL is constantly working on ways to promote the growth of tennis within the Hawkesbury region.
We strive to become the greatest tennis academy in the Region with world-class facilities.
- Noble sportsmanship
- Development of tennis skills
- Provision of a welcoming, safe, family friendly environment
- To promote the growth, prosperity and development of tennis in order to achieve the maximum potential of the facility;
- To create a welcoming atmosphere where tennis players of all skill levels can meet likeminded people and make new friends as well as find tennis players of a similar level to play with at the club;
- To place greater importance on the social aspects of tennis rather than being purely competition and results driven;
- To provide a range of activities such as coaching, fitness training, social tennis, competitions, tournaments and social activities, enabling people to learn and improve on their tennis skills as well as participating in social events.
- To provide for, and promote, the playing and general advancement of the game of tennis;
- To encourage participation in the game of tennis, and particularly participation of the sport in a sporting manner and in a spirit of friendship;
- To provide and maintain from the membership funds, sponsorship and grants, superior facilities and amenities for club members and their guests; and
- To facilitate community engagement through tennis and promote inclusion to create a positive sense of community and belonging.
Finalist Hawkesbury Local Business Awards – 2016